So, you want to integrate with Smartcat — that's a great place to start. Below you will learn about the available options.
The simplest method for integrating your CMS with Smartcat is by using the built-in connectors that allow you to set up data synchronization in several clicks.
Just go to your Smartcat account, hit 'Create project', and select the third-party system that you want to connect with.
To explore available connectors check out our Integrations Page.
Smartcat offers you a cross-platform command-line tool that you can use to quickly set up localization automation without having to work directly with our APIs.
Please check out our sample localization project.
This project comes with the documentation on how to install our command-line automation tool Serge, how to configure it, and what commands to use. After providing your credentials and creating a blank project in Smartcat, you will have a working continuous localization workflow that will do the following:
- Pull changes from your version control system;
- Automatically gather resource files in source language, parse them and send strings to Smartcat for translation;
- Download translations from Smartcat;
- Generate up-to-date localized files and push them back to your code repository.
With this approach, not only you can handle the most common localization scenarios, but also implement robust localization pipelines or functionality:
- Localize multiple code branches at once;
- Generate pseudo-localized resources for all of your projects, regardless of source file formats;
- Automatically add clickable links or comments to each translation unit for additional context;
- Pre-process and post-process both source and localized files to make sure the final files are ready to be used in your CI/CD processes;
- Conditionally include or exclude strings or entire files or folders based on file path or contents;
- Specify the list of target languages right within your source language files.
What to do next? Use the link above to install and run your first continuous localization project, or continue reading about our automation tool, supported parsers, plugins and configuration settings on serge.io website.
Also, if you have an Enterprise tier Smartcat subscription, we can provie localization engineering services for your needs. That includes setting up a continuous localization workflow and building new integrations for your specific CMS or PIM. If you are interested in those options, please drop us a line to email@example.com.
When it comes to specific integration needs not typically related to software localization (integration with your payment systems, notifications, statistics), we offer you a REST API. It provides atomic methods and access to different objects and properties of your account, allowing you to implement the integration exactly the way you need it, and in any programming language.